8 Sept 2010

Artist 15: Kate Copeland








Kate Copeland is an illustrator/animator who has a magic wand to control black and white to give us magical moments. The beautiful pencil shadows she creates won't stop facinating you even for a second. Music is a massive influence for her and her animation is the perfect platform to experience her illustration and music together, you can check her vimeo account here and enjoy her interview!



Who are you: I'm Kate an illustrator and designer, currently living in London. I recently graduated with first class honors in Illustration from The Arts University College at Bournemouth.

What do you do: I'm currently working as a freelance illustrator and I also curate Beyond The Sea, an arts and music platform. I don't like to limit myself to one practice, as I have a passion for animation and graphic design too.

How did you start: I've been drawing throughout my whole life, but my real passion for illustration and design started at foundation. During my time at university I promoted my work as much as possible and that really started the ball rolling.

A Personal statement about you or your work: I'm interested in manipulating traditional drawing techniques with innovative processes. My recent animation work was based on scientific experiments and action script coding to manipulate the movement and sequence of my pencil drawings. I think you can see my interest in graphic design in my drawings, I'm always aware of the finished product, my lines are very neat and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment